Have you just bought a new internet compatible phone (smart phone) and wish to know how to configure your mobile phone and start browsing the internet or start chatting on WhatsApp? if yes, then this article was specifically written for you.
In this article, i,m going to give you the MTN Cameroon internet configuration settings as well as the various MTN internet configuration methods so that you can easily configure your smart phone and start browsing immediately.
3 easy ways to configure your mobile phone.
1) The SMS internet method.
The easiest way to configure your mobile phone is to send an SMS to MTN cameroon and MTN will automatically send you their Internet configuration settings and you just need to save the internet settings for your smartphone to be configured.
This is what you need to do…..
Type the word “MMS” and send to 7134.Please take note that you won,t be charged for sending this SMS (its free).
Once that SMS is sent, MTN cameroon will immediately send you 3 notification messages. Save the internet configuration settings contained in the notification messages. After saving the internet settings, your mobile phone will be fully configured and you can now subscribe to an internet bundle and start browsing immediately.
If after sending the above SMS to MTN Cameroon and you receive a message that tells you to visit your nearest MTN service center for an agent to manually configure your phone, it means that your phone is either……
- Not internet compatible or
- The brand of your phone has not yet been added in to the MTN list of internet compatible mobile phones (devices). Most cheap counterfeit brands of mobile phones mostly imported from china into Cameroon are not in MTN list of internet compatible brands.
If you didn,t receive any internet configuration setting from MTN Cameroon (after sending that message) and you really feel that your mobile phone is internet compatible, follow the manual method below to configure your phone.
2)The Call method
You can also configure your smart phone by dialing 8787 and you will be instructed on how to configure your mobile phone.
3) The manual internet configuration method
To manually configure your mobile phone, just navigate to the internet setting section of your smartphone and create a new internet profile (account) with the MTN internet configuration settings below. You can also edit or replace the settings of one of the existing internet profile (account) in your phone with the settings below.
Please make sure you enter the various configuration settings exactly as provided below. All the information listed below are very compulsury i.e. if you don,t enter any of the information and correctly, you won,t be able to access the internet.
Name of Internet profile: MTN CAM WAP
APN (access piont name): mtnwap (in small letter)
Ok after you have created an internet profile (account) with the above info, make sure that you save the internet profile and also activate the internet account or profile by selecting the profile (MTN CAM WAP) you have just created from the list of internet profiles.
After you have done that your mobile phone will be configured and you can start browsing immediately.
Frequently asked questions about MTN Cameroon internet configuration.
I have followed all the methods you have given but i still can,t access the internet. Whats happening?
If you have tried the 3 internet configuration methods but still can,t access the internet, check whether your mobile internet data connection has been switched on (enabled). The default state is off.
It should be noted that if you don,t switch on (enable) your internet data, you won,t be able to browse the internet. If your internet data is switched on (enabled), you will see a blinking mini white H, H+,E, or G icon at the top of the screen of your smart phone (depending on the brand of your smartphone). The H or H+ icon often have an upward and downward pointing arrow beside.
If your mobile phone is a 4G or 3G mobile phone, you will see a little H+ or H at the top of your screen and if your phone is not a smartphone or 4G/3G compatible, you will see a little E or G icon at the top of your screen after your mobile internet has been switched on.
2) If you still can,t access the internet, check your internet settings to make sure that you have entered all the provided info correctly. Like i mentioned earlier, all the above information is compulsury (not optional). If you don,t enter any of the information and correctly, you won,t be able to access the internet. So don,t be in a haste to start browsing. Take your quality time to configure your phone.
3) If you still can,t access the internet, check your available airtime credit. It should be noted that the MTN internet service is not free. So if you have 00frs in your phone you won,t be able to access the internet.
Its more adviceable that you subscribe to an internet bundle before you start browsing. Its more economical.
4) If you still can,t access the internet, there,s a possibility that your mobile phone is not internet compatible. Nowadays, android smartphones have become very cheap. MTN Cameroon often sell very cheap promotional android phones. With just 15,000FCFA you can buy a good original android phone (not chinese) from your nearest MTN service center.
MTN cameroon often send MTN promo SMS advertising their mobile phones on promotion. I,m very sure you must have received one of those promo messages.But incase you haven,t received a promo message, when next you recieve one, don,t hesitate to run to your nearest MTN service center and buy one for yourself. Hurry! while stock last.